Below are numerous different ways to get involved and make a difference for animal welfare for pets.
Momma’s Law: Extreme Weather Protection for Animals Act of 2017
- Temporary extreme weather protections extended to pets in DC
When You Witness Animal Cruelty
Animal Legal Defense Fund: When You Witness Animal Cruelty Guide
LiveSafe: Mobile App to Report Animal Cruelty
Organizations Making a Difference
- Since 1979, the Animal Legal Defense Fund has fought to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the legal system. Founded by attorneys active in shaping the emerging field of animal law, ALDF has blazed the trail for stronger enforcement of anti-cruelty laws and more humane treatment of animals in every corner of American life.
- ASPCA was the first humane society to be established in North America and is, today, one of the largest in the world, which focuses on getting pets out of shelters and keeping them in homes, while increasing the protections of animals under the law.
Local Greater DC Organizations
- Using the human animal bond to make a positive difference in the lives of the sick, the elderly and underserved youth in the greater Washington DC area.
- The ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Grant Program supports nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies dedicated to the prevention and elimination of animal cruelty throughout the United States.
If you have any feedback or resources to add please email firstname.lastname@example.org